Thanks to Murray (MUZ)

With Thanks to Muz, Without Whom This Would Not Be Here

Friday, June 22, 2012

Progress

I got the crank back at last $185 for the repairs. The bloke who did it was supposed to order a gasket set and a new piston and little end but he didn't. I've ordered them and they should be here next week. Whilst reassembling things I observed that the nylon gear which drives the points cam was cracked. It probably occurred when the engine seized. I found one on ebay $60, ouch. Oh well.
I'll post some photos soon.

1 comment:

  1. sfw... I am still following this rebuild.
    you still look keen on your project and it will pay off in the end.
    you'll have a great machine.

    I joined 'blogger' - on someone's advice... as the muzwaaman.

    I may just air a few thoughts...

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete